PROGRAM DIRECTOR / HEAD COACH
COACH / GOALIE COACH
SAFE SPORT ADMINISTRATOR
Jimmy John's Hockey Club
PO Box 250675
Franklin MI 48025-9998
For the purpose of calculating the MAHA closest rink rule, you need to use the following address:
Wallace Ice Arena (Cranbrook)
550 Lone Pine Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
Jimmy John's Hockey Club
(Formerly Redford Township Hockey Association, RTHA)
RTHA is one of the oldest hockey associations in the metro Detroit area. The association enjoys one of the lowest ice costs in the area as well. The association is made up of several house and Royals and Kings travel teams at many age levels. The house and travel teams play in the Little Caesars Amateur Hockey League. Several of our teams have had terrific success through the years and we are looking forward to that success continuing with the next season.
The RTHA fosters the development of recreational hockey providing a positive learning experience while challenging our players to grow every aspect of the game.
We advocate personal pride and positive character. It is our goal to cultivate sportsmanship, respect, self discipline and synergy among players, coaches, parents, spectators and teams.
The Redford Arena also houses a full service snack bar as well as Bruno's Hockey Shop, catering rink convenience to parents and players who need top level ice sharpening and equipment.
Jimmy John's Hockey Club Philosophy
Jimmy John's Hockey takes the practice to game ratio seriously and does not put a heavy concentration on "systems"prevalent in most travel programs. Our commitment is one of skill development, skill development and more skill development. Jimmy John's Hockey is far more interested in the type of player your child becomes at age 16 as opposed to age 9. Our hockey principles are as follows:
- 4:2 practice to game weekly ratio
- Four practice skates per week followed by 45 minutes of off ice
- Practice will consist of skating, passing, receiving, stick-handling and shooting. Until the kids mature, a heavy dose of "system" play is not necessary. The time is better spent working on skills.
- Small ice games during practice to encourage creativity and puck movement.
- Seven months of intense on-ice hockey skills training. In the spring and summer we encourage other sports and athletic activities. It is our belief; kids need to develop other muscles in order to achieve optimum on-ice performance.
- Players Provided; Game and Practice Jerseys, Socks, Gloves, Pants or Shells, Warmup Suits and Hockey Bags.
- Professional Goalie Coach at each practice.
All practices are facilitated by paid professional coaches. In addition to high level practices conducted by professional coaches, we find talented leaders with strong hockey backgrounds to coach several of our team’s. Many of these coaches would be paid coaches in other programs and work hand in hand with our professional coaches. All parent coaches are hand selected by our dedicated Jimmy John’s Hockey staff.